Fashion Fridays: Derby Themed Outfit for Singapore Blog Awards 2014

As promised, today's edition of Fashion Fridays is all about my outfit for the recently concluded Singapore Blog Awards 2014. The th...


As promised, today's edition of Fashion Fridays is all about my outfit for the recently concluded Singapore Blog Awards 2014. The theme for the event was derby, or anything with horses. I had initially planned to pair my fascinator with a cocktail dress but I eventually decided to go with a Valentino inspired full lace romper as I had a lunch appointment thereafter and I didn't want to look out of place.

I love how this romantic number from Ching exudes a touch of femininity and elegance. The intricate lace details and the trail of bows sprinkled down the back of the romper completely stole my heart. I also adore the long lace sleeves with scallop trimmings as they balance out the shorter hemlines, elevating the overall look to one that effortlessly transitions from casual to semi-formal in the blink of an eye.





I needed a break from my sky high heels, and in times like this, I always turn to wedges for comfort without compromising on style. 

I have featured this glamorous bling wedges from Pazzion on a number of occasions previously. Metallic hues like gold and silver are always a breeze to work with because they go with practically anything and everything. They are a must-have addition to any wardrobe thanks to their unrivaled versatility. Moreover, the lovely rhinestones on this pair also add a little sparkle to the ensemble, which is perfect for special events and functions.


Lace Romper from Ching (Far East Plaza)
Fascinator from Sydney flea market
Accessories from Chanel
Shoes from Pazzion
Clutch from Karen (it was a Christmas gift!)







I completed the look with a whimsical pony clutch, which was a Christmas gift from Karen. We share similar tastes in fashion and she never fails to pick out the loveliest gifts. 

This cute little clutch bears a striking resemblance to a wooden rocking horse that was once my favourite toy and I love how it evokes a sense of childlike wonder and nostalgia by bringing back fond memories of my childhood.







Have a great weekend ahead! I am making a trip to Malacca this weekend for a tour of Julie's Biscuit factory. For real time updates and to find out what else I am up to, do follow my instagram account @reginachow_sg !




You Might Also Like

1 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...