Fashion Fridays: Leaf Prints

Move over, floral prints. Let's make way for the latest fashion trend in town, leaf prints.  To be honest, leaf prints have never ap...


Move over, floral prints. Let's make way for the latest fashion trend in town, leaf prints. 

To be honest, leaf prints have never appealed to me in the past. There's just too much green. I wore a lot of green during my school days, no thanks to the schools that I went to, and among all the colours in the colour wheel, green is probably my least favourite. Well, but lo and behold, green has taken the fashion scene by storm this season, in the form of leaf motifs no less. 

As the old adage goes, what goes around comes around.  Instead of fading into the background, the green foliage that usually accompany glorious blooms have now taken centre stage. For once in what seems like an eternity, leaf prints have plunged right into the spotlight.

Unlike their floral counterparts which tend to exude a saccharine sweetness, leaf motifs give off a chic, edgy vibe that makes it a lot more wearable. Making a statement with leaves is literally a no-brainer too. For the more adventurous, you may want to challenge yourself by putting together a print-on-print ensemble. 

 This was what I had in mind initially, but that very day, I decided on a clean, minimalist look by incorporating a white crop top and playing with proportions. Crop tops and high waist bottoms are a match made in heaven. When paired together, they elongate your torso and make you look taller than you really are.

To further balance out the busy leaf prints and avoid revealing too much skin, I threw on a long white vest. White vests like these are worthy wardrobe investments as they serve as wonderful cover-ups (I don't fancy skimpy outfits) and can easily take you from work to play.




Crop top from MDS
Vest from Tracyeinny
Shorts from Zara
Bag from Givenchy
Cuff from Hermes
Shoes from Charles & Keith

 This beautiful pair of high waist shorts from Zara is one of my current wardrobe favourites, hence you can be sure that I'll be on the lookout for different styling options.

Meanwhile, I am currently sorting out my Malacca trip photos and I hope to share them with you soon.  

Have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend ahead!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...