Food at The Clementi Mall: Tori Q

 I live in the west and Clementi Mall is a mall that I frequent regularly because of the numerous food and shopping options available...


 I live in the west and Clementi Mall is a mall that I frequent regularly because of the numerous food and shopping options available. 

Directly linked to Clementi MRT Station at Level 3, Clementi Mall is always bustling with life. Frankly, with a total of 142 shops in Clementi Mall, including 16 restaurants and cafes, it isn't hard to see why. 

Some of the shops that I visit to top up my beauty essentials and for grocery shopping include FairPrice Finest, Watsons and Guardians. I often head there for dinner too and one of my favourite places to dine in is Tori Q (#B1-19), which serves delicious yakitori with Japanese rice at affordable prices.






As Clementi Mall is situated in the heart of the Clementi neighbourhood, which is just a stone's throw away from key tertiary institutions such as NUS, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore Polytechnic and SIM University, I always see hoards of students and young adults queuing at Tori Q, in a bid to fill their tummies after a long day at school.

You can either go for the set meals or ala carte options at Tori Q. For ease of convenience, I always go for the yakitori set which comes with 4 types of yakitori and Japanese rice topped with seaweed.





 Tori Q presents a myriad of yakitori options, leaving me spoilt for choice every time. On occasions when I'm feeling greedier than usual, I would also order additional sticks just to satiate my hunger.




Their quail's eggs and asparagus wrapped in pork are just some of my personal favourites. 

I have a penchant for quail's eggs and can have them everywhere and anywhere. The asparagus wrapped in pork, on the other hand, is superb and an absolute delight to savour. The well-marinated pork is the perfect accompaniment to the fresh, juicy asparagus. I love it!


The seating capacity at Tori Q is rather limited but I really enjoy dining at the cozy bar counter. Thus far, I have never had any difficulties finding a seat as the turnover is brisk. That, I guess, is the beauty of fast food.


I usually end off my meal with a durian pancake at Four Seasons Durian (#B1-K10), but as fate would have it, I came across a relatively new joint called Crepe Signature (#B1-K17) that very evening and decided to give it a go instead.





I was craving for the banana nutella crepes that I've had on many occasions when I visited Bangkok and also during my recent trip to Phuket with Karen and Raphael. I have never seen such crepes being sold on our sunny island, so you could imagine how excited I was when I realised banana nutella crepe was on Crepe Signature's menu! However, I was already bursting at the seams from the satisfying dinner at Tori Q and was lulled into sharing a strawberry nutella crepe with the hubby instead. Yes, my hubby loves strawberries.







The crepes here are much crispier than what I had in Thailand. I personally prefer the softer and less crisp version found in Thailand and I also wish the stall could have been more generous with the nutella spread. But that is just my personal preference. On a more positive note, this version is less sinful and it definitely made me feel less guilty about devouring it!



Food aside, Clementi Mall also offers a phlethora of renowned fashion and specialty stores such as Charles & Keith, Cotton On, Rubi Shoes and Young Hearts. 

I will be sharing more about shopping in Clementi Mall in my next post later this week, so do keep a lookout for it!






You Might Also Like

3 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...