Fashion Fridays: Is Baby Blue the new Pink?

Is Baby Blue the new Pink this year? I've been seeing a lot of baby blue in stores. Baby blue tops, pants, shoes, bags...you get...



Is Baby Blue the new Pink this year?
I've been seeing a lot of baby blue in stores. Baby blue tops, pants, shoes, bags...you get the drift. And it isn't a bad thing.

I love pastel colours, especially baby pink, a feminine and delicate shade which still remains one of my favourite colours to date. Baby blue, on the other hand, has the same characteristics, and more, which means the styling possibilities are endless.  

There is an understated sweetness and elegance about baby blue that makes it edgy yet effortlessly chic. Baby pink can be a little too girly or overpoweringly sweet for work wear, unless it comes in the form of tailored jackets, shirts or pants. Baby blue however, takes the style factor up a notch without compromising on professionalism. In fact, this outfit that I'm sharing with you today is one of my favourite Casual Fridays ensembles for work.



Pants from Ching
Shoes from Charles & Keith
Clutch from Givenchy
Top and necklace from random stores

I have been wearing this pair of baby blue pants from Ching (Far East Plaza) more often these days. I love the unique baroque prints and there's a slight stretch to the pants which makes it unbelievably comfortable. 

These baby blue mules from Charles & Keith have also been making very frequent appearances. I like the minimalist chic design and clean simple lines. Don't you think they resemble an Alexander Wang design?





Whenever I wear these two items together, I prefer to keep the rest of the outfit simple with a basic black or white top. The whole idea is to make the baby blue shade pop.

 On days when I have after-work events to attend, I'll throw on a statement necklace to dress up the outfit. I'll also swop my work bag for a clutch, like this cute yet stylish piece from Givenchy.

























Have you got any baby blue pieces in your wardrobe? If not, perhaps it's about time (now that the weekend is just around the corner) to start adding a dash of baby blue to keep your wardrobe updated!

 Have a great weekend!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...