Fashion Fridays: SIA International Cup 2014

What do you wear to the races? My typical outfit for the races would definitely include a fascinator, paired with a glamorous dress an...


What do you wear to the races? My typical outfit for the races would definitely include a fascinator, paired with a glamorous dress and stilettos. In fact, I have a growing collection of dresses and fascinators reserved for such special occasions. 

You may have read about my previous experiences at Singapore Turf Club, but what I wore for the Singapore Airlines International Cup & Krisflyer International Sprint 2014 was probably one of the most dramatic ensembles that I have put together to date.

With Karen and Jessie at SIA International Cup 2014
Hairstyling c/o Naoki Yoshihara by Ash
Dress from Dustbunny Vintage
Fascinator from Eskpade
Shoes from Jimmy Choo
Clutch from Forever New

I love black and white dresses, but for special occasions, I generally prefer bolder, more striking colours as I finally have an excuse to let my creative juices run wild without anyone batting an eyelid. I also prefer vintage dresses for special occasions as the designs are unique and one-of-a-kind, which means that the probability of me running into someone else in the same dress is virtually zero. 

Many thanks to Jessie once again for inviting me to the SIA International Cup. I had an enjoyable day catching up with friends over a little bubbly and light bites amidst all the adrenalin pumping horse-racing action.


The races only began in the evening but the heavy downpour in the late afternoon proved to be a challenge, which made every race all the more exciting. 

Due to the weather, we had a tough time deciding on which horses to place our bets on. With a prize money of S$3 million, the race attracts some of the best horses from all over the world. This time, as some of the hot favourites were probably at a disadvantage due to the wet terrain, the dark horses were given the opportunity to shine and clinch the top spots.






Congratulations to the grand winner from Hong Kong!


 Karen and I also enjoyed a few minutes of fame on the big screen just as we were basking in the thrill and excitement of the races. We were interviewed earlier that afternoon and this came as a pleasant surprise. JW, who attended the event with me, whipped out his camera in the nick of time. 


Thank you Singapore Turf Club for hosting us! 

If you're looking for a venue to host your corporate events or VIP guests this Chinese New Year, do check out Singapore Turf Club's exclusive rooms and Chinese New Year Package!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...