Look Younger with Sculptra at CeleVenus

If you have been following my blog for a while, you would probably have read about my positive experience with Dr Dylan Chau fr...




If you have been following my blog for a while, you would probably have read about my positive experience with Dr Dylan Chau from CeleVenus Wellness & Aesthetic Clinic for non-invasive aesthetic procedures. 

This time, I was introduced to Sculptra, the first anti-aging facial injectable that gives you subtle results over time. Unlike fillers, it is not a quick fix and results are not immediate, but it is long-lasting and promises a more natural appearance without giving you away, which is what we all want at the end of the day isn't it? 
 
I have had dark eye circles for as long as I can remember, but they look far worse when accompanied by sunken under eye hollows (otherwise known as tear troughs) which only deepen with age. While there is little that can be done to eradicate dark eye circles for good, you can however get rid of your sunken tear troughs with non-invasive aesthetic procedures like Sculptra. 




What is Sculptra?
The loss of collagen is the main cause of facial ageing, which leads to deeper lines and more sunken eyes. Made from Poly-L-lactic acid, Sculptra targets the root of the problem by replacing lost collagen over time. Poly-L-lactic acid is gradually and naturally absorbed into the body, and has been used in dissolvable stitches and as a facial injectable since 1999 in over 30 countries.

It starts to work within the deep dermis and as Sculptra replaces your skin's lost collagen, the reinforced collagen structure forms the foundation that gradually plumps up wrinkles, folds and sunken areas to restore the look of fullness.    

How does Sculptra work?

In general, Sculptra is not meant to be injected into the eye and lip areas.How does it correct under eye hollows or tear troughs then? It is injected into the upper cheekbone area to plump up the skin, which in turn corrects the hollowness in the tear trough area. 

 This is the key reason why you should engage an experienced aesthetic doctor who knows the dos and don'ts of the Sculptra procedure at the back of his hands.  

Dr Dylan Chau is a Sculptra Trainer for doctors in Singapore and is one of the pioneers in Sculptra procedures since its launch in Singapore. Dr Chau's qualifications, coupled with the fact that he has an eye for aesthetics, assured me that I would be in good hands.

Sculptra requires a series of 3-4 treatments spaced a month apart as time is needed for your skin to generate collagen. It is also important to administer injections in small dosages to achieve the best results.

Does it hurt?
Numbing cream is typically applied for about 20-30 minutes prior to the procedure. There was some discomfort during the injection but it wasn't particularly painful for me.   

Numbing cream application prior to Sculptra Injection


How long does it last? Is there any downtime?
It can last for more than 2 years, but as with all aesthetic procedures, individual results may vary.  


What can you expect immediately after Sculptra? Is there any downtime? 
 There is no downtime. However, I experienced slight redness and a little bruising after my first session, but I hardly had any bruising after my second session. In any case, all you need is a dab of concealer to cover up any imperfections.

Here are some pictures of me before Sculptra to give you a better idea of how sunken my tear troughs look. 

Sunken tear troughs (without makeup) before Sculptra Injection


Sunken tear troughs (with make-up) before Sculptra

Even after applying several layers of concealer, you can tell that I am unable to fully conceal my dark eye circles due to my sunken tear troughs. I also look more tired than I actually am. 

After Sculptra, my tear trough immediately looked plumped up and less sunken. I was also told to massage the area 5 times a day for a period of 1 week to ensure that the Poly-L-lactic acid is evenly distributed throughout the tear troughs. 


Plumped up under eye area immediately after Sculptra Injection
  
At the end of 1 week, you will probably notice that the initial fullness around the tear trough area would have disappeared. This is normal, as the Poly-L-lactic acid is gradually absorbed into the body and your body starts to generate collagen to plump up the sunken area.

Here's a photo of me taken 1 month after my second session of Sculptra. Don't you agree that I look more awake and less tired (even without my eyelash extensions)? What I love most about the treatment is that I no longer have to apply thick layers of make-up to conceal my dark eye circles. Now, all I need is 1 light layer of concealer, which translates to extra time savings for me!

After 2nd session of Sculptra


Once again, I can't be more grateful to Dr Chau and CeleVenus for turning back the clock and restoring my youth!



Address: 
391B Orchard Road
#16-03/04 Ngee Ann City Tower B
Singapore 238874

Tel: 

+65 6410 9621 / +65 6410 9622
 
Email: 
beauty@celevenus.com.sg

Website:
http://www.celevenus.com.sg/ 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...