Crème Simon Micellar Water Makeup Remover Review

Crème Simon is a French skincare brand that uses over 90% natural ingredients, and n atural skincare brands always get me all excited, ...


Crème Simon is a French skincare brand that uses over 90% natural ingredients, and natural skincare brands always get me all excited, especially if the products are free of parabens, alcohol, silicones, sulphates and colouring. 

Crème Simon was founded in 1860 by Joseph Simon, a talented young apothecary. He was searching for a remedy to relieve dry chapped hands that laundresses were so prone to, which eventually led to his discovery of a cream power packed with seven types of flowers and plants with incredible healing properties. This concoction is also known as the Activ-Fleur Complex, an essential ingredient in all Crème Simon products till today. 

Did you know that at the height of its popularity, Crème Simon was the most coveted beauty treatment in its era and sold out in Paris, New York and Asia? Pretty impressive, if you ask me.

Today, Crème Simon promises a range of sheer, lightweight skincare formulas for the contemporary woman. The brand believes that our skin is defined by our environment, hence their products are duly customized to our climate. Personally, I stand by this very same belief as well, and as a matter of fact, I always change up my skincare routine whenever I'm overseas. For instance, I prefer gel moisturizers when I'm in Singapore but I'll slather on richer cream moisturizers in Australia where the climate is colder and drier. 

Similarly, I generally prefer cream-based or oil-based makeup removers in colder climates, but in Singapore, micellar water makeup removers are my favourite. 





Crème Simon's Micellar Water Makeup Remover is a water-based, no-rinse makeup remover that gently and thoroughly removes all impurities and makeup, including waterproof makeup. 

It combines the coolness of water with the cleansing properties of oil micelles to effectively trap impurities and make-up. As it is infused with rose, iris and jasmine extracts to boost toxin elimination and promote clear, luminous skin, it comes with a pleasant floral scent that lifts my mood every time I use it.

 Its lightweight consistency leaves your skin feeling clean, smooth and hydrated without any oily or sticky after-feel. You could probably get away without double cleansing if you don't apply much make-up on a daily basis. Otherwise, I would still recommend following up with a facial cleanser thereafter.



Unlike most micellar make-up removers, Crème Simon's version is able to remove eye make-up (including water-proof eyeliners) effortlessly. In fact, I use this a one-step makeup remover for both my face and eyes. 

I use my trusty MAC PowerPoint eyeliner everyday and based on my experience thus far, micellar makeup removers generally do not do a good job of removing it thoroughly. With Crème Simon's micellar water makeup remover however, all you have to do is soak a cotton pad with the product, press it down lightly on your skin and hold for a few seconds before gently swiping your makeup away. 





Most importantly, no rubbing is required at all, which makes it perfect for eye make-up removal as you wouldn't want to run the risk of getting wrinkles due to excessive rubbing.

Did you know that this makeup remover is fortified with Wheat Oligosaccharides Complex which supposedly reduces pigmentation as well? I've been grappling with pigmentation issues for eons and would love to see what this product can do in the longer term. 

While I have yet to witness its brightening effects given that I have just started using it, I would highly recommend this product if you're looking for a lightweight makeup remover that provides heavy duty action with a heavenly scent to boot.






It may have taken me a while to finally get acquainted with Crème Simon's products as I was away during their launch last year, but nonetheless, it is always better late than never. After trying their Micellar Water Makeup Remover for a couple of weeks, I am now officially hooked. 

The lovely ladies at Crème Simon subsequently surprised me with more products recently, so if you're interested, do keep your eyes peeled as I will certainly share my review with you in due course.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...