Beauty: Skin Shape Club Skin Shaper Plus Facial Review

Constant traveling and my hectic city lifestyle are reasons why my skin looks the way it does these days - dull and dehydrated. I am us...


Constant traveling and my hectic city lifestyle are reasons why my skin looks the way it does these days - dull and dehydrated. I am usually very diligent when it comes to exfoliating and masking the minute I get back to Singapore, but there are times when masks just don't cut it anymore and a facial is required for that immediate pick-me-up.

My main gripe about facials is that a thorough treatment typically sets me back by about two to three hours on average, making it difficult for busy bees like you and me to indulge in these treatments regularly. Not many of us have the luxury of time, hence when I discovered Skin Shape Club which offers facial treatments that only take between 30 minutes to 1 hour per session, I knew I found a gem.



Located in the heart of town in Orchard Central, Skin Shape Club was established in April 2015 as a boutique wellness club to allow members to learn more about beauty and wellness, as well as to receive clinically-proven skin and slimming treatments to keep you looking great all year round.

Skin Shape Club has an in-house R&D team that works with doctors and dermal experts both locally and overseas to design treatments and programs that can be done daily, weekly and monthly. Skin Shape Club is also acutely aware that most ladies already have a basic skincare routine, hence a range of skincare boosters was exclusively developed to suit your lifestyle and complement your existing skincare products. This series of skin essence is able to address any skin issues (e.g. clogged pores, pigmentation, wrinkles and dark eye circles) that you currently encounter and can be easily incorporated into your regular skincare regimen.




As the treatment duration is between 30 minutes to 1 hour, it suits my busy lifestyle and I love how I can just pop in during lunch and return to the office with glowing skin.

Whatever your concerns may be, be it wrinkles, acne or pigmentation, you can be assured that Skin Shape Club's Skin Shaper Plus Program will deliver noticeable results without any downtime. Here's what you can expect from the Skin Shaper Plus Program:
  • No downtime
  • Gentle treatments
  • Discreet as there are no side-effects
  • Fast treatments



The Skin Shaper Plus Facial combines light and heat energy with Skin Shape Club's signature serum-infused facial massage to achieve younger looking skin. 

LHE technology (Light & Heat Energy) helps to promote skin rejuvenation, collagen regeneration and combat acne conditions. The diagrams below show how it works:

  
I had just returned from a week-long work trip on my first visit to Skin Shape Club and I desperately needed to revive my dull-looking skin. In the photo below, you can tell that my skin was really dull, which makes me look much darker than I usually am. 

It may not be very apparent from this photo but I have rather severe pigmentation on my upper cheeks as well, hence I was also hoping that the LHE Technology would be able to lighten these marks.


 How does LHE differ from similar light based treatments such as IPL? 

Unlike IPL, which can burn the skin and thus requires the use of cooling gel, LHE uses lower energy frequency as it combines two energies (light and heat) to give you optimal results with greater comfort and safety. It is suitable for most skin types and skin tones, but those with very dark skin would need to undergo a consultation process prior to the treatment so that the therapist can adjust the settings of the machine to suit your skin tone.

 Cleansing and exfoliating are integral steps before treatment begins as impurities are removed to allow the light heat energy to better penetrate into your skin. The LHE applicator is then placed onto your skin (including your eye area) where pulses of light will be administered. A slightly warm sensation is felt as the pulses of light and heat penetrate deep into your skin. The treatment is very gentle and comfortable, without the shocking rubber-snapping sensation that you would expect from a typical IPL treatment. 


After the LHE treatment, your skin is all prepared to absorb skin-loving nutrients. This is the best time for Skin Shape Club's signature facial massage followed by a mask. 

Although the entire process took only about 50 minutes, it was truly a relaxing and pampering experience as the therapist gently soothed my tense facial muscles. Before long, I was lulled into a deep slumber.


I wasn't expecting immediate results as 6-12 weekly sessions are usually required, hence I was pleasantly surprised to see a significant difference in my skin tone after just one session. Can you tell that my skin is more radiant and much brighter than before? I literally woke up to beautiful skin.

Here's a side-by-side comparison of my skin before treatment, after my first session and after my second session at Skin Shape Club, taken in the same treatment room under the same lighting. To say that I was amazed by the results is an understatement. I could hardly believe my eyes, but pictures don't lie. I became two shades fairer, my pores have become more refined and the pigmentation on my upper cheek has lightened tremendously.  The treatment does work wonders!

(L-R): Before treatment, After 1st session, After 2nd session

I was advised to avoid sun exposure and oily/alcohol based products for 48 hours after treatment. It is important to apply sunblock religiously too.
 
And if you were wondering if there are any side-effects, the answer is no, so you can head back to office or even go to a party right after. A small percentage of individuals may experience slight redness immediately after the treatment but this would only last for a couple of hours. 




Beyond its effective treatments, what I really love about Skin Shape Club is that its services extend beyond just facial or slimming treatments. If you have some time to spare, you can always feel free to have a snack, sip some tea or simply relax and read a magazine in their exclusive members-only lounge. 



Healthy light snacks are specially prepared for you in the lounge after each treatment. I have been there twice thus far and on both occasions, the food was so delicious I had to have two servings.




I don't usually find myself looking forward to facial treatments but as I am writing this, I am eagerly anticipating my next treatment session at Skin Shape Club.

If you are concerned about wrinkles, dull skin, enlarged pores, pigmentation or all of the above, perhaps you could consider the Skin Shaper Plus Facial at Skin Shape Club too. 

4 Complimentary weekly sessions of Skin Shaper Facial worth S$480

For busy professionals like you and me who are always in a rush for time, you might want to try out Skin Shaper Facial instead. This is a 30 minute facial that includes LHE treatment without Skin Shape Club's signature massage. And honestly, there's no better time than now to try out this facial because you can click here to redeem a package of 4 Skin Shaper Facial sessions absolutely free from SampleStore


Upgrade to Skin Shaper Plus Facial (includes signature serum-infused massage) - worth S$680

For a more indulgent and pampering experience, you can also upgrade all 4 complimentary sessions to Skin Shaper Plus facials at a flat-fee of S$28!  

Skin Shaper Plus facials include Skin Shape Club's signature massage (i.e. the same treatment that I did). The duration of this treatment is 50 minutes. 


To upgrade your redemption, simply quote "RC-SSC" when you book your appointment with Skin Shape Club.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...